i-mop helps reduce manual strain risk in Cleaning Processes at Armadale Hospital
We were pleased to pay a visit to see the i-mop in action at Armadale Hospital recently!
Floor cleaning in healthcare environments can be a highly labour intensive and manual process. And when manual mopping of large areas is required, this operator strain can mean significant OHS risks. In addition the stringent requirements for Infection Control and reliability mean it is critical that the right equipment is chosen for optimal healthcare cleaning outcomes.
Following an Audit of Patient Support processes that identified manual strain risk from the conventional flat mopping systems they were using, the Patient Support Services team at Armadale Hospital needed to find a better solution for their Day surgery floor cleaning requirements.
For this they turned to the i-mop xl, the revolutionary floor cleaning machine from i-team. The i-mop has helped them to eliminate virtually all the OHS risk from using manual mopping systems, and enabled superior floor cleaning performance.
14 months after the team have implemented the i-mop to improve their hospital floor cleaning, we were pleased to pay a visit to see how it was going!
Key healthcare cleaning insights from the Patient Support Services team;
- The i-mop is used every day in an end of day clean commencing at 4pm
- The i-mop is used to clean the vinyl areas in the wards, corridoors and waiting/recovery rooms
- A Neutral floor detergent is used in the solution tank
- A second set of batteries were purchased to enable continuous operation with no downtime waiting for recharging
- The regular blue brushes are used on their i-mop
- Staff are all well trained in daily machine maintenance. This has meant that in a 14 month period they have had no breakdowns and no maintenance costs!
- The i-mop has eliminated all manual mopping in the day surgery unit
"Extremely manouverable, much easier to manouvre than other scrubbers"
(Patient Support Team Member)
We were blown away to see an i-mop which was over 14 months old in almost perfect condition. This was testament to an excellent team and a thorough training regime to ensure end of clean maintenance happened every day after all floors had been cleaned. Below picture shows this i-mop (on the left in this picture) next to another brand new i-mop -- you can hardly tell the difference!